Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

My Top 5 Purchases of 2013

This post is going to be a little different than what I've done in the past. This is the first end of the year that I've had since beginning my nail journey, so I've decided to do a Top 5 post. In this post you will see 5 items that I've purchased over the past year that I just love. Now this was not easy nor was it hard. I say its not hard because almost everything I own nail related has been purchased over this past year. So that was the easiest part since I didn't have to figure out if it was bought this year or not. Now the hard part was narrowing down almost 400 polishes. Not to mention nail art tools, glitters, etc. So keep reading to find out what 5 items I choose.


My first item that I choose is Hard Candy's Black Tie Optional. This bottle was actually bought during a no buy. If you've followed me for a while you may remember the story. I was on a month long no buy on a trip to Walmart.  I just so happened to wonder down the nail polish aisle and thats when I saw it. I had already wanted this polish and was about to walk away. This one lonely bottle was staring at me. Every other Hard Candy polish had multiple bottles, but this only had the one. Of course it had to come home with me. So my first official no buy was broke... But worth it.


The 2nd item I choose is Creations By Lynda's Masquerade. As soon as I saw this polish I had to have it. I fell in love with the polish before this and had to have Masquerade because it was similar but not the same. It has red through out the polish where as the above does not. It gives it a whole other dimension to your nails having the red in the polish.


3rd item that I choose is Sinful Colors Pink Icicles. I actually just bought this a few days ago with Christmas money I received. I bought a couple others from the same collection but this one stuck out. I love bar glitter and this has black and pink in it. Who doesn't love black and pink together.


The 4th item I choose is the last of the polishes for this post. Claire's Midnight Express. I used this polish in Galaxy nails not to long ago. It reminds me of outer space...With glitter! I actually got this and a few others on sale at Claire's.


The 5th item I choose is a nail art brush, which actually came in a set of 3 that I ordered at the beginning of the year. This is the only one of the 3 that I use anymore. I plan on getting some newer and better brushes in the next couple of months but for now this is my go to brush for everything.


So there you have it. My top 5 items that I've purchased in 2013. Still cant believe a year has already gone by. You will be seeing a lot more from me in the coming year. I've finally gotten my mojo back and want to do my nails ALL THE TIME. Hope to see you in 2014!

Do you have any favorite purchases from 2013?

1 comment: