Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Creations By Lynda: Fairytale Dreams Collection Review

Today I have a new and first collection by Creations By Lynda. This collection is based off of a TV show called Once Upon A Time. I have never seen the show so I'm not going to make any references to it. However after hearing about it and reviewing this collection, it does seem rather interesting. Onto the polish.

I was super excited when I got the email saying I had been chosen. I've had my eye on a few of these since Lynda started posting about them. I love all of the colors and love how they all looked.
Sorry about the orange tints to some of the pictures. Its been stormy and gloomy the past few days. I wanted to re-swatch but the weather hasn't allowed that and I really wanted to get this up.

First up is Snow Day. It is a very very soft pale bluish silver with squared pale blue glitters. I love the frostiness to this polish however, having to do 2 coats really covers up the beauty of the glitter.

Next up is Swan Song. This was one I had been eye balling. This one is a very frosty, I would say almost lilac color with darker hexagon glitters. This required 2 coats and was actually one that I was very pleased with. The polish did not take away from the glitter on this one.

Charming One is a very pretty shimmery green. It has pale blue hexagon and square glitters, larger dark blue hexagon glitters, and yellow hexagon glitter. This took 2 coats. Same with the previous polish, the glitters really shown through. One of my faves.
Next we have Golden Spindle. I was really against this one when I first saw it. But I will say now after seeing it in person and on my nails, this is definitely towards the top of my list. Golden Spindle is a golden yellow base dark green shard glitters. I applied 2 coats.


Crimson Wolf is a deep red color with almost a slight orange tint to it, maybe its just my eyes seeing that. It has holographic squared glitters. I applied 2 coats. I had a problem with this one being a little thicker as you might be able to see toward the end of my nails. Still a very pretty one.
Last, but definitely not least. Wicked Enchantment. This was the one I was the most excited for. What more could you want in a polish. Two of my favorite things. Purple and Stars. If this would have been the only one to show up, I would have still been excited about this review. This polish is a very deep shimmery purple (which I love) with silver star glitters. The only problem I had with it was digging out the stars to put on my nails. I did not have one single star come out on my brush. Word of advise. This polish is definitely worth digging for the stars. I applied 2 coats, not including the extra that may have gotten on from placing the stars.
Did I mention I love love love this one.

Overall I love this collection. I love the colors, the glitters and the fact that they are based off of a fairytale show. I love fairy tales. I'm gonna have to look into this show. I only had 2 problems with these polishes which is to be expected with a first time release. Some of them were  a little on the thick side but manageable. A few of them I felt the polish overtook the glitters. I definitely love everything about this collection though. Nice job Lynda.

I have one more polish for Creations By Lynda but I'm going to hold of on posting that for 2 reason. One I haven't swatched it yet, and two, I think I will save it for another post, or maybe a Facebook swatch exclusive. Listen to me getting all technical, like I have 15,000 fans. Lol. Someday. 

You can find Creations by Lynda on Facebook HERE. You can find her store located HERE along with other things she sells. Hope you enjoyed this and I will see you next time.

Thanks Lynda for the opportunity to swatch and review your collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment